Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My First Reebok Experience!!!!





 I was fortunate enough to win a gift card from Reebok via Kelly Olexa (Ceo,founder) FitFluential.  I was a little hesitant to step outside my shoe comfort zone of Nike. I figured why not give it a whirl especially since it was free gift card. I have always worn Nike for as long as I can remember.  A lot of that reason was just due to the fact that they carried the wide sizes.  Who knew my feet would also shrink with my weight loss.

It took me a while before I finally settled on a pair that I liked. I had seen a commercial during the summer with one of my favorite fighters Quinton "Rampage" Jackson promoting the Atv19 shoe.  I thought to myself those look funky.  In November I saw an article and again a fighter I am a huge fan of Johnny "Bigg Rigg" Hendricks had on some Atv19. So when I won this gift card I already knew what kind of shoes I wanted to get.  I was amazed at how hard it was to find a store in my area that not only carried Reebok but also carried the Atv19.  I finally found some at Dicks Sporting Goods store in a town about 30 miles north.  It was my first time in there store and was impressed with not on the store but there customer service.   I told the sales attendant what I wanted and what size.  He brought them out and told me to take them for a spin.  They had an area marked like a track to try them out.  I tried them on and ran up and down the aisle a few times. I was a little worried about the way the lugs would feel.  I had tried on another brand shoe that had something similar and I could feel the lugs and it made them uncomfortable.  I was happy with the fit.  The didn't slip during acceleration.  I knew that it would be a different once i got them and used them for a bit.  I was confident enough with trying them on that when I got home I jumped on Reebok.com and went to design your own.  I loved the way that Reebok lets you customize your shoe exactly they way that you want it.  It was actually a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be.  There where so many different options to choose from.  Reebok doesn't leave anything out when it comes to designing your shoe.  They even let you choose the type of laces you want for your custom order. I had NKN put on the back of my custom shoe.  It the initials For my wife daughter and son(Nancy  Karley  Nathan). I finally made my choices and hit order.

I was very impressed with Reebok's customer service.  I received a phone call because I put my Po box as well as my physical address on my shipping info. They got my correct shipping info and sent it out priority.  I received my shoes a few days later.  I opened them up and realized that the toe cap color was not the color that I had chosen.  It was supposed to be Trust blue like the other part of the shoe.  Instead it showed up and was violet.  I assumed they had made a mistake so i called customer service.  I explained to them that I thought they had made a mistake.  They double checked my order and the mistake was mine.  I must have hit the wrong color when I was finalizing my customer order.  The customer service rep explained that it happens pretty often. She offered to take my information and pass it on to a supervisor for review.  She explained that they would contact me within three days to let me know if there was anything they could do for me.  The next day my phone rang and it was Reebok's customer service.  They informed me that they where going to give me another gift card so I could order a new pair of shoes.  I was blown away that would offer to replace my order even though it was my fault.  I offered to send the shoes back that I had received and she said to keep them and gave me a code for a new pair of custom Reebok shoes.

The thing I love the most about the Atv19 shoe is that they are comfortable on all kinds of terrain.  The lugs are deigned to get through mud, loose dirt and other different types of terrain.  When I run at home we do not have public sidewalks or parks to run at.  I transition from the road to the canals with gravel and loose dirt to almond orchards.  No matter where I am at they hold up and my comfort is never Compromised.  They never loose traction on the loose dirt on the canals and the lugs give a great cushion when running on the road.  I am totally pleased with my first experience with Reebok. There customer service was top notch and the Atv19 are awesome.  I cant wait to order my next pair of Reebok.  

Do you have different kinds of shoes you use for different runs or workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment