Friday, January 10, 2014

Inspiration



In July 2012 I was a at cross roads in the journey I had started. I was still worried about what other thought and how they saw me. I attended the San Jose fit expo and felt completely out of place. I felt like everyone was starting at the fat guy walking around. I was ready to leave when I saw the Gnc booth. I went over to see what kind of samples I could get. I never knew that making the decision to swing by this one last booth would make my whole journey make a 180 degree turn. This is where I meet Bill Sienerth. I remember our conversation and unlike many of the others I had met that day Bill seemed genuinely interested in what I was saying.  He offered tons of encouragement and said he was personal trainer.  I think the thing that stuck with me the most was when he told me that he would change my life. We kept in touch over Facebook and Twitter and he kept asking me when I was going too let him change my life. His charisma and desire to help others better  themselves is infectious. I started his healthy life program in nov 2012 and was he right lol he changed life as I knew it. He has helped me not only go from 386 lbs to 230 lbs but to also believe that I can do what ever I choose to do. He continues to inspire me to be the greatest version of myself that I can be. I have wanted to quit. I have told him I was quitting and he told me no your not. He continues to believe in me even when I don't believe in myself. I want to continue to not only be inspired by Bill but to return the favor and inspire others around me. He is an article he was featured in last summer.


Someone who I have meet along my journey is Kelly Olexa.  She is the founder and CEO of Fitfluential. Fitfluential is a community of fitness enthusiasts sharing our journey via social media Facebook Twitter Instagram and any other way possible lol. I've learned a lot from beings  member of fitfluential. The community itself Is an amazing resource. Whether your into crossfit, running, bodybuilding triathletes they cover it all. Fitfluential is for anyone interested in fitness no matter what level you are on. The community is as positive as founder Kelly Olexa her self. Her positive attitude is just as contagious as Bill Sienerth's. She posts,interacts and encourages all her followers on a daily basis. I have never meet her personally but she is a huge inspiration for me and for many others that she inspires on a daily basis. Her positive can do attitude and genuine concern for others is amazing.  She always seems to have line on what's what in fitness whether it's new shoes or new fitness gadgets. I encourage you all to follow an join fitfluential and to follow Kelly Olexa on twitter and Instagram.




One of the greatest compliments I have gotten are when people have told me that I have Inspired them.  I want to live my life to not only inspire my children but to have them inspire others as well along the way. When we leave this world we don't take anything with us. How will we be remembered. I don't want to be on my death bed regretting things I wished I had done. I would rather fail at something and know that I tried to do it. I want my children to learn from me and live there lives to the fullest.  We need to encourage and inspire others on a daily basis. You never know how you will effect someone when you meet them.  Don't be the reason that they decide to quit rather encourage each other and be the reason that they didn't quit. One of the things I have learned and try to remember from Bill is " We are who we choose to be" this couldn't be more true. In the end we have no one to blame but ourselves for our own happiness or sadness.  We make the choice to be happy or sad. We choose how we react to what life throws at us. One thing I have learned is life goes on no matter what so why not make the decision to try and be as positive as possible no matter what. Surround yourself with like minded people that have the same goals or ideals as we do. Surround yourself with people who inspire you and want the best for you. I encourage you to follow My trainer Bill Sienerth on Facebook Twitter & Instagram as well as Kelly Olexa and Fitfluential.



If your looking to start your fitness journey or take it to the next level I encourage you to contact Bill about a healthy living program. He can personalize your plan no matter if it's for weight loss or for getting prepped for taking the stage fora competion. His link is here on my blog as well as the link to Fitfluential.

No comments:

Post a Comment